Saturday, April 2, 2011

Done and other things :)

Vacation is DONE....now on to the real world back home. Had a great time with my daughter and her family at Disneyland...there will be more pictures in a bit but have to go through them and decide on what you just "have" to see instead of all that I took....had the baby camera with me so couldn't tell if I got the shot so took multiple shots of the same thing to make sure I got at least one good one of what I was taking.
One of the things I did while on the second part of the trip is to shop :) How fun is that...found some local quilt stores and found some great deals...so I came home with way more than I left with but.....geez...couldn't help myself and a bargain :)
This will make wonderful vintagey type quilts...my idea is to take some of the animals and put them in outline form somewhere on the plainer parts of the quilt I want to make

with this fabric I want to take the head shapes and again put them on a plainer fabric with just a single stitch...wonder if I bit off more than I can choose :) Gotta make good use of this new machine I got :)

Got some plain white and white....I love a bargain on fabric.........but maybe I overdid???

I have lots of 'girlie' type fabric so got some blues to do some boy quilts

fell in love with this stuff....so cute for a little guy

While I was on vacation had a quilt store offer to let me come and sew....how cool is that?What I got done were the four squares done and then came home and finished the top up...can't wait to quilt it as I am going to try digitizing dinosaurs for the blank squares :)

While I was on vacation I had someone pick up a new pup for me...well by the time I was ready to leave my vacation spot I ended up with two pups....they multiplied :) Both are real cuties...
This is Izzy Bella....the lady who picked her up for me named her Bella and I added the Izzy to it :) For any who know me have to have that "y" sound at the end and Belly just didn't work :)
Here she is waving HI to all of you

This is the other one I got....this picture does not do him justice...he is a sable cutie...I have named him Rudy

this is the normal view I get of the two of them...running after each other

well I hear the little ones wanting out of their crate....so had better sign off for now....

2 comments:

paulette said...

OMGosh!! Your new pups...ADORABLE!! So sweet! Lucky you!!
P

Jeanne said...

Sounds like your vacation was a real winner and that's wonderful. And oh my goodness, look at those cuties! I love the Izzy Bella name. So fun. It's going to be fun seeing pics of these two and hopefully soon, quilts made with all that fabric you bought. hee, hee!