Thursday, April 14, 2011

Complete...

I still have been having fun playing with my machine and seeing what works and what doesn't work as well....
This was one of the doesn't work as well as you imagine in your brain it will...........
Quilt was fine...thot I would do butterflies on it...even had the already digitized outlines which is what I wanted.......well for some reason the program put really big stitches for the large ones and really little ones for the smaller butterflies.......not exactly what I wanted but am still in that awesome overwhelming learning curve
You can't see the design on the front of this

but on the back you can see the outlines........used a variegated purple on the front and back till I got to the little ones and then used a darker purple on the top and the variegated on the bottom...looking back I would have used the darker on everything...but this is the curve :)

This one I went way out of my normal comfort zone and did a variegated yellow and it showed up well on these darker colors.

and the variegated on the back also...........playing with combining patterns on this one...and pleased with how it turned out.....

then I did two more tops waiting for me to decide what pattern I want to choose for the embroidery :) Love having options :)

2 comments:

paulette said...

OMGosh....I am drooling...again!
P

Jeanne said...

Pretty quilts and I really like that stitching you've added to them. What a lovely touch! Sure looks like you are having fun and that's fabulous.