Wednesday, April 20, 2011

tools, froggies and sneak peaks

Ok....my favorite tool right now is this handy dandy really large hooper...was struggling with my hoop staying still while I tried to push a quilt into the hoop in a somewhat manner that I wanted it to go........tried this at class last week and it was amazing how quickly I could actually hoop the quilt...so I was hooked and bought ;) sigh :)

Wanted to make something new...again :) so got out this Girlie Girl fabric and figured would just do the plain charm...nothing fancy just sew the squares together.............

this is how it turned out.....the borders and binding are from the fabric that I got from winning that charity contest........thanks again Shawna at 1 Choice 4 Quilting. Because the material was a bit funky and fun I wanted the embroidery to be also....so did flowers all over it and a froggie in the middle

Here is a larger shot of the back.......truly funky ;)

Here is the froggie that I spent part--well a lot of the afternoon digitizing...he looks better on this side than on the other cuz wanted to turn him a bit and turned him a bit too much so he didn't go exactly where I wanted him too :) Thanks to Cyndi at Stitch, Stitch, Stitch for the pattern. It is meant to be hand done but...........then I couldn't have done what I wanted to...and isnt that more important??? ME? :)

and a blurry sneak peak at the other quilt I got the top done on....again the border fabric is from my quilting win from Shawna

1 comment:

StitchinByTheLake said...

What kind of machine do you have? I have that same problem. blessings, marlene