Monday, April 18, 2011

What to do, what to do...........

Dilemmas...don'tcha just love them? Well in this case I do....it involves choice..well I guess that is always the case isn't it? Man am I getting philosophical? Yikes...that is dangerous :)
The first one was which kit if I won would I choose...well that actually wasn't a hard choice...love blues and yellows together so chose this one below. But...I didn't win...at least not yet :) Shawna at 1 Choice 4 Quilting is having another drawing...she is so generous it amazes me :) She is doing a Quilting book club and is giving away a kit of choice to the winner....PICK ME!!!! Whew...with that said..........you can go see the two quilt kits I didn't choose over there....or if you are adventurous you can go to both her sites...be warned...you will find fabric that you love for a great price. On that site she also has details of the giveaway...so go and check them out.........
The second dilemma was which picture to post first...well guess Shawna won :)

Now on to daily life....
I stayed home and sewed all day yesterday...after church that is :) Well guess it wasn't all day sewing cuz I was perusing the web to find a fan pattern that was already digitized so I didn't have to do one myself...........and imagine that hours just flew by as I tried to make a choice of what to choose...hum...do I hear the trappings of another dilemma? But I did make a choice but you have to scroll down to see what it was :)
Wanted to start simple here so put a flower in the white on white squares then wanted something in the 9 patch too so I just made a star and put it in there....ok...nothing fancy or really worthy of too much talk but it worked

Here is the back where you can see the pattern.....I actually combined the two so that I didn't have to rehoop as much...they need to make a super duper extra gigantic mega ultra hoop so I could do the whole thing at once...or at least a couple more squares at a time........hum....sounds like a problem for a counselor to solve...me that is not the hoop size :)

Here is my favorite of the day...I had both these tops sewed waiting for finishing touches...actually had most of the embroidery done too but wanted something for this border that I made specially big for something big.........worked and worked to get it the right size, then used my handy dandy new skills of hooping to get it place right......so basically all I sewed yesterday was the border embroidery and the bindings on both quilts........whew...tired out :)

Here is the feather pattern I chose...a bit big for the smallness of the other pattern but I am happy with it...gotta learn by practice I guess :)

now on for the more nostalgic picture....while at Disney they have a drawing clinic (?) and it has a specific name that evades my brain right now....we drew Pluto....loved how they taught this....not too bad and I am not by any means an artist but was happy with pluto...he resides on the cupboard beside the picture my granddaughter gave me from Christmas

Have a great day and thanks for checking in on me ;)

No comments: