Saturday, June 5, 2010

Prunes....

WOW!!! I have the bestest friend....she got in a "funk" and thot to get out of it she would come and prune my bushes...now how is that for a friend???? I say "MIGHTY FINE!" She kept thinking that we were going to hate her cuz she was really pruning a lot but my thot is...I don't have to do it so go for it!!!! Wish I had thot to take before pictures cuz then you could have seen all the work she really did...........
This was a hugeramous lilac...totally out of control...now nicely shaped and waiting for next years flowers

my bleeding heart must really like this spot cuz it grows and overflows the walkway...now it is nice and sized so that it doesn't attack people as they walk up the steps to the front door

some left over hearts

ok..don't know the name of this bush but it was much bigger before

another evergreen bush...should have put these into lightroom and taken the blown out sunshine look out of them...but oh well

a japanese maple that was hacked on by someone whose name we won't mention but his initials are dave rusk :) but my handy dandy pruner friend made his mess look must better...this one I really should have shot a before picture cuz he tied it up with rope :) so he could mow around it???

just a quick shot of play time....wish i had stuck the camera on shutter priority to get it clearer...but they were picking on Cassidy this time...but she was lovin it

my magnolia tree...not last year but the year before the ice and snow got too heavy and broke a branch making it lopsided...this is shot from the good side :)

my mallow plant which is lovely when it starts blooming

forgot the name of this and once again blown out from the sunshine..but seeing as we haven't had a lot of that I left it in the natural sunshine picture quality......

and the best thing is...........she says she is coming back to do more of the plants.....and all I have to do is provide lunch :) sweet deal for me that is ............

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

What a FANTASTIC friend you have! And she is coming back for more? Gotta love that! You've got some beautiful greenery in your yard. You must live on a fairly good sized property.

I just planted a bleeding heart, but not sure it'll make it...yet. I also planted my new lilac this week. Crossing fingers that it takes. *Ü*

Treat your friend to an awesome lunch! And of course, you know how I love your puppy pics.