Sunday, February 27, 2011

A new girl in town....

There is a new girl in town....here is her final resting place.....can you guess what or who it might be?????

there she is....Nina...........

in her full glory....can't believe that I actually bit the bullet and did the deed :) Can't wait to know how to use her fully....man she is way smarter than I am :)

the first project I actually sewed on her was a quilt top...but here was my first "play" project...want to really learn the embroidery part so that I can do this on the quilts that I make...so to practice I made a mug rug....I darkened it to see the thread that I used...got some variegated blue...but it was hard to see...ah the wonders of the techno world :)

oh had a fun weekend also perusing the embroidery sites :) oh my!!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very kewl.. what is it though? LOL..

Jeanne said...

Ohhhh, lucky you! You got one of those fancy schmancy embroidery machines, didn't you?! VERY nice! Have fun playing and learning all it can do!

paulette said...

Ohhhhhh Jackie!! She IS a beauty!! And look at her long arm and the table top on rollers!! I can see you behind her going a million miles an hour!! Your gorgeous mug rug is only the beginning!! Can't wait to see what you are going to create!! You go girl!
Paulette