Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gift that keeps on giving...

A couple of posts back I wrote of a 'satisfied' client who sent me a wonderful bouquet of flowers....well it is the gift that keeps on giving..when I took the first pictures I didn't realize that there were lilies in there....but surprise on me.....cuz they are starting to open and freshing up that bouquet...the roses are wilting but the lilies are coming.......

A few days ago I also eluded to another quilt table topper I was doing...well the top is done....and here is the base of it...I am in love with the charm packs for sure...they make short work of piecing as most of it is done for you ;) Well I mean most of the cutting is done for you....
So I started with two of these Oasis Charm Packs and did a Hidden 9 Patch....ok...so I got the idea from the Missouri Quilt company...love the tutorials on what to do with the new 'cuts' of fabric mostly from Moda...still have a few to try.........need more fat quarter ideas :(

So here is the quilt...it isn't backed and bound yet but have to get to my handy quilt store to get the binding...think it is going to be the darker pink color...Isn't this just a cool spring pastel quilt?

the picture makes the pink look more like salmon but it really is a dark pink....and I think that same color will make the rest of the quilt pop :) (for you non-quilters that is a good thing :)

No comments: