Monday, February 14, 2011

Gotta stop looking....

I just gotta stop looking.... :)
For a few months now I have been looking at a friends blog and seeing all the wonderful things she and the blogs that she has been following have been doing...I kept thinking I need to get back into my sewing room and start creating again...well kept thinking I needed to go through some of my stash before I added anything more........that lasted until I started looking at fabric again and now am adding again............ I just love fabric.
Went on Saturday to a local warehouse to "look" at fabric. It was quite a blustery day and they were afraid that the power would go out so they cautioned me and my friend and a couple of other ladies who were "looking" too that if the power went out to stay where we were and they would come and find us with flashlights :) I told them...no problem...I would just sit there and feel the material until they came and got me :) What is it about the texture and the visual eye candy that brings a sense of well being to me...not to mention the "GOTTA HAVE's"
So this is my purchase from Saturday :) Look at those colors....aren't they just yummy?

Here is the roll from the side instead of the top....lovin these jelly rolls as they are called....

From that store I also got some white fabric and some fabric books...oh and a minkie blanket....so yummy to touch...but it isn't for me so :(
Then my husband asked if there was some place I wanted to go later that day......... :) (make that a really big smiley face!) I was wanted to go to the other fabric store in town and get some "sale" fabric...but instead I got this.........aren't the colors wonderful???

And then today........well........what can I say...I am obsessed with sale fabric :)
These came in the mail...I had to wait a bit longer for them to be shipped because the ladies from the store were on a quilt retreat...but worth the wait ;)

Can you imagine they fit all this stuff in one box :)

These two rolls were just darn cheap :) They match the turnover triangles above....hum...wonder what I am going to do with them????

and more color.........maybe I won't do anything with these just enjoy the color.........

side view of the above jelly roll

and last but not least.......more of the Oasis fabric that I did a table topper for my table....just love these colors...

Whew.......think I need to sit down and maybe will shop with my fingers some more :) There is another sale going on that I might have to check out ;)

3 comments:

noel joy said...

love love those last ones. (that table topper turned out so cute). btw Torrey is ready for binding.

Jeanne said...

Wow! Such gorgeous colors! No wonder you keep looking. I don't know that I could even cut into this beautiful stuff. I do know I can't wait to see the beautiful things you create with all this loveliness. *Ü*

paulette said...

OMGosh...I hate to gross you out but there is a puddle of drool on my keyboard!! :o) Love ALL your purchases!! You are going to be one BUSY quilter!! Way to go!! Paulette