Monday, February 21, 2011

Up in the air...junior birdman....

Ok....now that you all have your goggles on and are humming the tune...here is a quilt that I found almost done in my box....I wanted to at least finish piecing the top...well actually just adding the last of the border pieces so that I could clean up more of my room...started this quilt a bazillion years ago...was going to make a pattern but realized I would never be able to explain what I had done...that and it was right around that time that my daughter and family moved into my 'studio' and all my sewing stuff was packed up...I think I started this for my youngest granddaughter whose dad is in the Navy and flies P-3's...she is too old for this thing now and more into princessey type things :)
It is huge and with all the white space I think I am going to have to have it quilted by some artistic long armed person :) Well, huge for what I normally do anyway...way bigger than a baby quilt....

here is a picture of the border too....loved the checkered flag look....what was I thinking when I did this over 9 years ago???? I need to find a boy who likes airplanes to give this to :)

Then I found this lonely block...way more manageable for my little brain....with the leftover fabric I might be able to stretch this to a bigger size...

there were also this pile of flying geese I was going to put around the outside border....man what was I thinking???? But they can go around the single airplane without as much busy-ness as if I put them on the bigger one :) Whew...made me tired already :)

a flat look at the smaller top to be

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

So sweet! I really enjoy seeing your quilts, even if they were made a bajillon years ago. You have a great talent!

Hill Family said...

my little Jack LOVES "hi-planes" ;) love the quilt - you Rusk ladies are the craftiest, most talented friends!