Monday, January 31, 2011

Stashes

Stashes in the quilt world is just another word for obsession I think....at least it is in my case...man do I have a stash...or two if you count the different places I have fabric....or maybe three???

Ok...so I get on a roll and things just seem to keep going....made the one table topper...got it all done and made another table topper....top is finished but it isn't quilted yet......then saw a pattern and thot it would be perfect for the bright fat quarters I had...want to work my stash down somewhat..........that way I can buy more :) But really trying to not buy as much till I use some of what i have...problem is I buy these fat quarters or yardage and then can't seem to pull of color combos so they sit....HA!!!!!!!!!!!! No more....well.................

Getting back into my sewing room to quilt has brought out my most used tool lately....not sure why I am needing it so much but have used it a lot in the last few days....

the beloved seam ripper...man am I good at taking out seams :)

Here is the quilt I made out of the brights.....man did it go together fast.....pups are checking it out :)

So then I thot I would make a matching girls one out of these brights....but alas...I changed my mind

made this one instead of stripes and dots....so now there are two quilts and one table topper waiting to be finished...but I want to do something with those pink brights :)

Ok...on the other side of obsessive...how many rulers does one need??? I dug these out of my drawer...11 specialty type rulers....that I don't think I have used half of them............geez.......

and then here are more...but I use these...well at least most of them...

I hung all the others up except these 4...they went back in the drawer....no holes in them to hang them up :)

Ok...all caught up...now to go and make something more

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Such pretty colors, Jackie! How fun to be able to "whip" up tops for things to quilt. I recognize the seam ripper. I've got one and have some experience using it, too. *Ü* That IS quite a stash of rulers, though. I think you should challenge yourself to use each one at least once! LOL

Have a great day!

Jeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.