Friday, January 28, 2011

Aaron

For those of you who don't have me as a friend on Facebook I thot I would post this on my blog too....My grandson, Aaron, is autistic. There is a lady in Florida who also has an autistic child and has made an offer to sell necklaces and key chains for autistic children to get them an ipad. The place is called the Puzzling Piece. This lady has taken up the challenge to help...I know several of you who are on fb have sent in your order and it is greatly appreciated...I do this not only as a plug to get Aaron an ipad but also for any of you who know a parent who has an autistic child and could benefit by this offer....
I also want to share a video and song. The song was written and sung by my son in law about his son. It makes me cry to see the video and listen to the words....It is hard being a parent of an autistic son who likes to leave his house but can't speak to let people know where he lives. Imagine how scary that would be for any parent to lose a child and know that there is no way that child communicates to let people know he is lost. Imagine having to be on duty 24/7 with a child that gets into all kinds of things that he wants to do but really aren't that good for you....or even down right dangerous. Normal children you can reason with......Aaron you can't....





Thanks for reading....this is near and dear to my heart!!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Wow, Jackie. That's powerful.Thank you for sharing. I hope Aaron gets an ipad. Please let us know.