Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm in LOVE!!!!

Well it isn't what you think....I discovered these Charm Packs...and I LOVE them. How easy is that...all precut and ready to use. Somehow in the process of looking through Paulette's blog I found the Missouri Quilt Company not sure exactly how I got there but she has a bunch of tutorials and one of them was this tumbler quilt using their template....Well being the very patient person that I am...I couldn't wait for a shipment of the template so I made my own out of cardboard...not as slick a theirs but it worked for me.
Sometimes using fabric you get a bunch of waste...and I don't like to waste my fabric...blame it on my Depression Era mother who ingrained in me the need to be frugal...So the first picture is a jumble of the waste...hardly anything that I need to put in a scrap pile and then never use :)

So the one packet was this All you Need is Love packet...not as many pieces as some of them but enough to make the table topper I wanted for February.
s
I added this white solid pack for the outside border.....Ha I am a genius cuz I figured that if on the sides you only cut half of the tumbler pattern you wouldn't have to trim the sides and you had a border :) Darn I am smart :) Of course, I cut 4 too many of the tumblers cuz I didn't think my plan totally out..but heck...not bad

Finished product......works for my table for the month of February

with the happy face on the table

Now off to sew Hidden Nine Patches for another table topper....

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a fabulous project! Love the colors and the ricrac style border. It looks great on your table with the happy flowers. Thanks for sharing!

paulette said...

Hi Jackie!!
You are on fire!! SEW cute...simply charming!! The ric rac really makes it pop!
Take care!
Paulette