Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Baldness

Have I ever said how much I LOVE living where I do??? Well today I was driving to a friends to get eggs...yes 'fresh' eggs...laid by their chickens....and thot...wow..someone has a statue that looks like a real eagle..........when I actually passed it I realized it was a real eagle...so I swung the car around and got my phone camera ready...this guy was about 10 feet? from the road...he had fresh kill of something in his talons and he wasn't about to leave it...he tried flying a couple of times but it was too heavy to get airborne.........so I kinda followed him up someones drive trying to get a picture.....or two :) the picture is fuzzy but he was really close...and he was HUGE!

here he is eating part of his 'catch'....it was amazing to see him up that close and personal...only other time I saw one this close was when I was letting my dogs run the beach and we came around a corner and there was one sitting on a rock...I was too busy trying to get the dogs to come back to me to see the beauty of the beast....they are gorgeous...and freakingly big

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow! How lucky are you to have come across such beauty! Thanks for sharing!

paulette said...

Only on the West Coast!! Spectacular!! The school that I taught at is surrounded by a farmer's fields. The farmer had just plowed up his field of corn getting his field ready for winter. It was recess time and these two HUGE eagles swooped down to eat something that the tractor must have killed...talk about Show and Tell! Right by the fence. The whole school sat down by the fence and watched...not a peep was uttered! Needless to say the Principal did not ring the bell until the feast was over. We were all in awe at the size of these birds. You don't realize how big they are when they are in a tree!
Thanks for the memory!! Take care and enjoy your day!!
Paulette