Sunday, March 13, 2011

Playing, Winning and Laughing

Well I will start in the middle...WINNING!!!!!
I got an email from the lady who put on her blog to post on your blog about something you have done to help others...there were quite a few vendors who had promised gifts to some of the winners...and I am a WINNER!!!!! WOOHOO! So excited to go shopping and get some more fabric...geez cuz I hardly have any in my drawer...I mean bureau....I mean cupboard...or cupboards??? So fun to shop when you get free stuff :)
On to laughing....got this picture of the dogs...4 of them on this pillow that should really hold only one at the most two dogs...but no...four of them climbed onto it and decided to take a nap...only missing Cody from the bunch

Now on to the playing...well first it is ripping............the colored corner of this blanket is actually stitched down to the quilt...darn it all...lesson learned...well at least for now...check to make sure that nothing is under when you are sewing

but it did get done and bound and ready to ship to my son and his wife

here is a bit of the quilting detail....likin this machine :) (or could you tell that??)

here is the back...you can see it a bit better...I broke down and signed up for a class that will actually teach me what to do instead of winging it...but can't wait till April to play so will get another one sandwiched up and play more this week...hopefully...have a busy week ahead of me...

1 comment:

paulette said...

Wow!! Your quilting is incredible!! I don't think you need a lesson!! Did you draw the design on first? What kind of machine do you use? Wish I could quilt like that!!
What a sweet picture of the gang! Gives new meaning to the term 'dog pile'!
Take care!
P