Friday, March 18, 2011

Nothing new under the sun

Well I guess it really should be nothing new under the clouds...at least it isn't raining today....has been not too bad but the sun wasn't ready to shine her light today.
I have been working today at finishing projects...these quilts have been done for quite a while and today I got a couple of them finished...totally....
I took these pictures outside and being the amateur photographer that I am...it really washed out the colors of these quilts...and it wasn't even sunny :) And you can't really see the designs on them...oh well...they are done and ready to wrap a baby in.
Here is the top

and the bottom....have I mentioned that I love my sewing machine????

here is another top quilted...needs to be bound yet but am waiting till I finish one more in these same fabrics to see what I am going to bind them in.

here is the back...darn when you actually want the back to show :(

this one I played with my stitch regulator foot....let me just say that I won't show you the back cuz then you could really see what it looks like and it doesn't make me proud..but the word out there is that practice makes perfect...so will try again on another quilt...unless I like what the machine does better :)

and last but not least....four bibs all finished...I had done the embroidery a few days ago but tried a piping foot on my new machine and must say that I do like it...the piping is all nice and tight and looks really good :) (insert-pat on the back here :)

well one more to work on today...going to use the machine to make the pretties on it...maybe will be tomorrows post...or I might just get sick of this room and do something totally different? NOT! :)

3 comments:

LivE said...

omg... you are MY IDOL! *how* do you manage to do these awesome projects? (picking up my jaw from the floor). you are amaaaazing, my dear jackie! <3

paulette said...

I have to agree with LivE!! Love your quilts and the quilting!!!! I want one of these machines!! I think that your machine is the one that my friend Claire has been talking about for well over a year...super expensive but does EVERYTHING...will even make beds and do the dishes kind of machine!! Yup...I need to win a lottery!!
Take care!
P

Debbie Goode said...

Beautiful....and those bibs are just too cute! Paulette introduced me to your blog...so glad she did! Puppies and quilting...awesome!