Sunday, May 2, 2010

Poppy seeds

Oh everyone is not as lucky as I am :) I get to do what I love and have fun at the same time. Being a breeder is not necessarily an easy job but it is a fun one. There is lots to know and to do it right it needs lots of time. I don't mean it is physically taxing, or even mentally taxing...it is just time intensive at times and requires the ability to clean up numerous amounts of pee and poo..the fun part it to handle the pups and to watch them romp around on the deck or in the grass with each other and the older dogs that I have. The antics are quite comical when viewed through the eyes of a dog lover. Unlike some breeders who have vast quantities of dogs, I have only a few *smile* (at a time that is)...and I only do one breed...these dogs live with me and play with me and we share a bond that sometimes is unbelievable to me. It isn't unusual for me to be sitting in my chair with at least one dog in my lap but at times I have had as many as six :) Can't type on my computer but I enjoy it while it lasts. Or to have a pup there to give it some alone time to make it a bit easier to transition to a place where it will be an only dog...
Ok on to other things....yesterday I posted the merle pup...and man is he a doll...is going to make a great family dog :)
Today I am posting pictures of Poppy...my new black pup. Before I got her I was going to name her Maggie like my last black dog but Poppy seemed to fit her better :) She needs a middle name but I am sure that will come. Need to get some pics of her where the sun isn't shining as bright as it was when this was taken...but wanted to at least get a few pics of her before she is grown and "old" :)

Here she is in the cocker sprawl as I have heard it called....she is a love bug....

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I love the name Poppy! It definitely suits her and I haven't even seen her in action. Love the sprawl. Our Buster has cocker in him and he does that too. But what is it called when your Lhasa Apso does it? Our dog Critter would do it, too and he was a pure-bred Lhasa! LOL