Friday, May 21, 2010

For the love of..............

FLOWERS!!!!! I love having flowers on my deck...also in the landscape of our home but that requires weeding...and I DON'T weed...maybe cuz I don't like my fingernails dirty....or I don't have the hand strength to pull them out....or kneeling hurts my knees...or...well I am sure I could think of many more reasons why I don't weed but needless to say...flower pots are more my cup of tea....the only thing I need to do is to remember to water them and pluck off the dead flowers...quite simple in my mind :)
Oh another thing I don't do is buy flowers I have no idea what they are :) or can't pronounce
So I start with the basics and usually stick with them
Petunias...they grow very well for me in the pots...ergo...lots of them are planted

full planter with them

geraniums also...altho I totally dislike their smell they seem to be able to bloom well in the planter boxes...oh and I buy small plants and let nature make them bigger...can anyone say cheap??? and a cute little wire doggie...like these much better in my plants than the real things cuz they eat the flowers

oh and I am a sucker for yard art...I have a chicken, rooster, flying pig and well grounded pig done by this same artist...so when he started doing plant pokes just had to get one...they also have a chicken that has been clucking my name every time I pass the shop but haven't stopped to answer the cluck yet
g
nope...didn't plant this one...way too many flowers in it. Dave bought it for me and you can almost see the bottom where the dogs ate the bottom of all the flowers they could reach

surprise...more petunias

oh and no picture album would be complete without a doggie or two in it...
Cassidy resting..she was eating something but looked up when I called her name

guess what these are??? yep more petunias :) love the goofy birdie too

this pile of mess is really daisy's...or at least will be when they grow up to be real flowers..this pot has yellow ones

and this pot has white ones

didn't plant these violas but they came up so they were left alone and enjoyed

HTML clipboardsome lilies to round out the mix..and a doggie to protect them

last but not least...some pups to finish the photo shoot....aaaawwww

3 comments:

noel joy said...

pretty flowers. i almost got that bunny for you mom! :)

Jeanne said...

Love your flowers and your yard art! While I don't like to, I do weed. You must have read about my situation with the runners from the backyard behind us. Have to do get those out or we'd be covered in trees back there. LOL

I can't seem to keep petunias growing, much to my dismay. I get these little worms that eat the flowers. Ugh. I have to get out this weekend and buy some flowers or we'll be a little drab around here.

LOVE the puppy shots!

Ann Flowers said...

Stunning picture of the flowers, will definitely make my day. Keep posting.