Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rainy days and Sundays


Rainy days and Sundays....ah...it has been raining all day today...really coming down quite a lot...not hard just lots of it ....so what do you do when it rains???? You quilt and take pictures of puppies :) What else????
Here is a bit of chocolate to make your day :)







On to finishing another quilt top...you guys are always amazed that I get so many done...but it is cuz they are only about 30" square....easy to do tops and quilt..........

Ok....so when I saw this fabric I kinda had an idea of what I wanted to do with it....instead of normal piecing I used strips and then quilted the strips...not exactly what I envisioned but it worked...and then when the top was done I thot a cute little applique ducky would fit :) So while at another class I had the teacher help me figure out how to do a simple applique :)

I got the applique done yesterday before my machine decided to take a hiatus and see the repair guy :) You can see the bubbles that I used to quilt the sides too :) Totally fit this fabric

Love it when a plan comes together

2 comments:

paulette said...

Amazing quilt...and the bubbles are perfect...Now let's talk puppies...TOO CUTE!! That's what I love about your blog...quilts AND PUPPIES!! Doesn't get any better than that!!
P

Jeanne said...

Awwwwww...that lil bit of chocolate is better than any candy out there, I'm thinking. So sweet!

Great quilt, too. Fun colors and that ducky is adorable. I was wondering how you got so many done so quickly and now I know. Sorry your machine had to go to the repair shop...hope it's not too serious.

I'm hoping to get back into the bloggy groove soon! Thanks for all the sharing you've done! And here's hoping for less rain for you, so the puppies can play outside. *Ü*