Monday, May 30, 2011

Completion of the Jelly Roll Race

Finished the quilt in the time frame and thot I would be smart and have them quilted in that time frame also...........not totally so...got all but one done...so came home and finished the last one.....they are awaiting binding that I ordered today from the lady who ran the race :) Shawna from 1 Choice 4 Quilting Blog ran a quick little Jelly Roll race...basically you sewed strips from the Jelly together and together and together....you get the picture.....and then posted them on her flicker account........when I saw the dimensions of her quilt I didn't want one that big but figured it would be great split up into two quilts....well I actually got three out of it...so I changed the rules a bit :)

Ran into a bit of trouble after the first one was quilted...wanted to get the second one done today so in a hurry I marked it...hooped it...sewed it...and then ripped it and resewed it.

This is what happens when you are in a hurry and forget to check and make sure that all fabrics under the hoop is not under the hoop...what is means is ripping...had to rip out the entire first run of the flower .......oh well.........

here are the three for my picture sent in to Shawna

I look at each as a learning experience...still working on this hooping thingy and every time I try something I learn something ;) So tried three different things on these three quilts

bubbles everywhere........except I should have started in the middle instead of the middle end....made me need to redigitize for the end pieces that weren't quite covered in the pattern

number 2...the one I screwed up on...this time I started in the middle and had to restart in the middle when I sewed a corner onto the back and couldn't get my hoop out

you can't see the spiral flowers too easily on this backing but it worked

last and not least is the one I decided to go against the lines and do perpendicular large feathery type quilting.....only 6 hoopings on this one...yippee


here is the back for that one but you can't see the direction I went on the lines of the quilt...oh well...you get the picture

they are all trimmed up and waiting the order of the binding..........made it on the extra percentage off sale so am a happy camper :)

1 comment:

paulette said...

I can see you going into the quilting business after you get the wrinkles ironed out!! Just lovely!!
P