Saturday, May 7, 2011

Finishes for today

Today I finished some quilts...had one quilted but needed to finish with the binding and the other one needed to quilt it and then finish it ;)
This is the one that I quilted and bound today....you would think with a pattern so simple it would be easy to quilt...not so...the hooping seemed to take forever with this one even tho it is simple....digitized the hearts that went on two sides of the sashing cuz I was just a bit short on pattern :)
these are the materials I got from 1 Choice 4 Quilting :) Ok...so that was a shameless plug for Shawna and her quilt company :)

here is the back...you can see how simple the pattern was but darn it took forever :)

Here is the other one...actually finished this yesterday but who is counting??? You can't see but there are little stars and moons on the material

So I found a moon and digitized it :) Pretty proud of myself!

then took the stars off the moon man and made more for the other blocks..and the border

here is the back...a bit disappointed as the thread was really sloppy on the back....but this is a learning curve, right????

this is what I really wanted to work on between hoopings but it was too quick so this is tomorrow project...can't wait to see if the picture in my head is the same as this turns out :)

Oh...and the other thing I did that took a bit was give one of the babies a haircut.......she looks like a grownup now instead of the baby that she still is :(
kept taking pictures but she doesn't like to stay still...and if you say her name she comes running to you..........ah..the joys of motherhood :)
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

1 comment:

paulette said...

I almost fell over when you said quiltS!! Two in one day!! I'm lucky if I get two done in a year!! I LOVE that moon quilting!! Nice enough to be the front of the quilt!
P