Sunday, May 22, 2011

Belated Mother's day gift

Several years ago my daughters and I went out for lunch for Mother's day......well they actually took me out...or so they said cuz I was the one that ended up paying the bill :) So last Thursday we went on our 3rd annual Mother's day luncheon...and I didn't pay :) My son actually picked up the tab for it.....how is that for special?......
When I got there the girls were already seated and in the booth with them was a stranger :) Actually it was my Mother's day gift........you see several years ago I got a chicken....and since then the yard art has been growing and multiplying in my yard.........I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
One of my favorite lines from the movie "UP" is...... "squirrel?" I tend to say that whenever anyone is distracted or...well whenever it fits actually....so this year to add to the collection I got a squirrel :) I love the guy who does these..... :) What talent...so without further ado...here is the collection to date
The squirrel...the newest to the collection

a close up...he needs his eyes darkened in cuz they are kinda spooky in person :)

this is the piece that actually started it all...a friend gave this to me for doing something for her...can't remember what but I got this cute butterfly pick

a doggie pick

flowers...that have seen better days

the original chicken that started this craze

a piggy

a rabbit poke

another doggie

a flying pig

this has got to be my funniest pick

a friend bought this over one day :)

not sure what this is but it was cute

doggie pick


another doggie pick

another rooster

and the newest pic...another rooster

so the count is:
chicken/rooster-3
piggies-2
bunny-1
squirrel-1
funny bird-1
doggies-6 (guess they win!)

1 comment:

noel joy said...

I'm so glad you liked the squirrel. We were having a hard time deciding which to get! :)

Happy Mother's Day mom!!