Sunday, May 3, 2009

A weekend to remember

I wish I was good at words like some of you who just can wax eloquent. I feel my thots very deeply but have a really hard time expressing them in words--verbal or written--so it gets frustrating to me to want to express to you what this weekend meant to me and know that I won't be able to do it adequately.
I spent a weekend on a semi-retreat (I call it that cuz I didn't stay the night but commuted). Thelma Wells was the speaker and she is amazing. How can I condense an intense weekend in a few words???? I can't...but what was brought home once again to me was the God is very involved in the lives of his people and he doesn't want us degrading his workmanship by the words that we specak to ourselves. He created us and we are fearfully and wonderfully made and need to remind ourselves of that every single day. Stopping the negative self-talk that we don't even remember to pay attention to yet some how they color our thinking of ourselves and not in a good way. The AMAZING love of God was brought home to this very human mind of mine and I thank God he is so patient with me.

Ok...now on to my pictures
I took this Friday of the pups I still have here. Put them in the periwinkle and snapped this picture

I took this picture on Sunday but finished the cap on Saturday so does that count????I actually did take a picture on Saturday but it was on Noel's camera so I will never see it :)

And this picture I took today...these pups were born on May 1. The Friday of retreat I checked out my mom-to-be and decided she wasn't in labor so I determined I could go and at least be safe for the time being....well not what happened....she went into labor while my husband was on watch and seeing as he couldn't get a hold of me on my cell phone he had to start delivery on his own :) Guess I owe him big time now :)

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

You spoke beautifully, Jackie, because you spoke from your heart. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and learned a lot.

I often pretend I am talking to one person when I am writing. I imagine we are either on the phone chatting or enjoying some time together in person. And funny as it may sound, I try to write as if I am talking to that person. I don't know if that will help, but I do know that practice, practice, practice also helps.

Your photos are wonderful. I love the puppy in the periwinkle and congrats on a whole new litter to love!