Thursday, September 29, 2011

Completed

Well it is done...all the fabric is folded and put away...all but the stuff that can't fit on the shelves right now ;)
There are bins of fabric on the shelves too but those are my UFO's that now I can see and finish...and some are just bins of scraps but ones that I want to use and again...they can be seen ;)
So here is my photo journal of my new and improved room....
This is as you walk in the door to the right...my shelves that had the doors taken off and everything is visible

Continuing around the room...my sewing machine... or should I say sewing machines.........yikes I am spoiled

Put the chest in the room and it holds my stabilizers and some odd assortment of fabrics...like dress fabric and some terry cloth etc
On the wall is my collection of Attic Babies that sat for a long time in a box in the garage...now they oversee my sewing ;)

and then the biggest change is the closet...it got gutted of the shelves that were in there as well as the closet bar. A new shelf holds my sewing machine cases, some fleece, some lace and bolts of fabric. My peg board got put back up and today it finally got the stuff put back on it....

Here are the few things I need to get done...a rice bag that needs the seam resewed after it got emptied and washed, a button to sew back on for the shower curtain and a doggie bed cover that needs a new back...but I do have plenty of fabric to fix that with :)

Thanks for stopping and seeing my tour...now to get in there and actually sew..........

3 comments:

paulette said...

WOW!! LUCKY you!! Your new sewing room is gorgeous and sew inviting!! Love it! Brilliant to take the doors off your closet and use it as a nook!! Just love it!
P

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Oh my!...I am so envious Jackie....such a beautiful, orderly space in which to work...I can see lots more of your lovely creations on the way....I am inspired!
Wishing you a lovely weekend,
Susan x

Jeanne said...

Fabulous sewing room, Jackie! I'll bet a lot of wonderful projects will come out of it. It looks so inviting! Enjoy working in there!