Monday, September 19, 2011

Been a bit MIA lately



Well all the older puppies have gone to their forever homes so life here is a bit quieter. Still have 5 pups here but they are only 3 weeks old so they don't make too much noise or demand too much of me right now.............
So while I have had a bit of a hiatus I decided to tackle the infamous sewing room and see if I could get a bit of it organized....had this brilliant idea to take the closet doors off and put shelves in there to handle the little bit......I mean the vast amounts of fabrics that I have accumulated. It was all jumbled in several spots and hard to see what I had and what I needed.......Well really don't NEED any more but........gotta leave options open don't you?
So what I did was put the two shelving units I had together. Took off the doors so that you could see what there was and open it up.

Then I folded all the material that I had the same way and sorted it according to color/design/designer/fat quarters etc. Look how nicely it all fits on my shelves now. Every single piece of fabric that was mine is now where I can see it...woohoo! I still have a couple of boxes my daughter gave me but want to make sure that she really doesn't want it back now that she has a potential sewing room in the making. Beside...I don't think I can fit it in anywhere........oops...just remember I lied......I have two more bins of older fabric that I just stuck under my bed...there is no way they are going to fit on the shelves until I get myself in gear and make some more blankets or doll clothes!!!
See how pretty :)

This side has got my precuts on the top shelf and all my UFO's on the shelves below....will get those finished now that I can see them :) And then flannel on the bottom...woohoo...I am so organized..well till I start a project that is :)

This is stuff that I still need to get into the room....hopefully a shelf is going into the closet today to put the fleece that I have and lace and anything else I don't use all the time up there. It got painted yesterday and I bought the shelf and brackets today.........hopefully hubby will be able to get it up before he goes to work...then my bedroom will be cleaned and will have a organized sewing room.........

Now to sew, sew, sew

1 comment:

paulette said...

Your sewing room is looking wonderful...and LOOK at all that fabric!! Yowzers!! You better get sewing girl so that you can make some more room for the other fabric! Looks fabulous!
P