Sunday, September 5, 2010

Quietness

Wow...it has been a while since I posted anything new...or even anything old :) Life has been quite chaotic and emotional here for a bit but I thot some of my cyberfriends needed a new post from me...I sometimes envy those who keep up on their blog daily...it must mean that they have something to say each day....ha...for me that would be just rambling in my mouth to do. Altho each day His mercies are new, my thots aren't :) Sometimes life is just a jumble and a will to survive...others it is float along on a low flying cloud :)
One of the things I have been doing tho lately is getting fruit and dehydrating it...unfortunately my husband is eating it almost as fast as I can dehydrate it :) I have already done like 20 pounds of nectarines (with none to show) and 40 pounds of peaches (with only a small bag left). Have tried lots of different things too...some times it works and other times it is a total bust...like peas...yuck! or uncooked sweet potatoes :) So before this wonderful fruit goes totally out of season I got some more nectarines and peaches and am working on dehydrating and hiding it.
I got this handy dandy hugeramous dehydrator...it is expandable too...yikes...right now I have 6 trays but it can go up to 20 trays...that would make it so much easier or should I say quicker to do 20 pounds of fruit...but hey..what else do I have to do with my days? :)

Right now in it are some of these luscious nectarines...they are good to eat just like this but am trying to not eat them all but get most of them dried and saved....hum...that is going to mean stealing back my food saver from my daughter....9/10ths possession is her rule to live by :)

here are the peaches...they need a short bit of ripening here but they will soon be reduced to a bag of sweetness that will be shared during the winter time when I am craving a good peach

here is what is left of the peaches I had already dried...hum...maybe I need a lock on the pantry cupboard :)

Oh...my favorite fruit dehydrated is mango....love love love the bags of it from Costco but one of the top ingredients listed on the bag is sugar....and altho they are really really tasty...that isn't what i am trying to fill my body with...and I can so easily sit and eat half of the bag of those sugary sweetness mangos.....so I now will have my own to eat when I get that craving...no sugar added :)
Enjoy the harvest while the weather still permits it!

No comments: