Sunday, September 19, 2010

Death to the little buggers.....

but first.....we interrupt this thot for a quick few pictures of the hats that the lovely yarn that I had posted a few days ago...finally got one hat of each color done of the striped yarn...a couple of those skeins were just plain yarn and that isn't for hats...or at least not these hats

here it is...one of every color that I have...I think I have one of every color that Bernet puts out in this jacquard yarn...I love it for these baby caps

Now on to the regularly scheduled post...or I should say what the title was referring to.

I have been cutting and dehydrating fruit for several weeks now....and with fruit comes the little buggers that annoy the heck out of any normal human. I think these guys multiply by the millions in a matter of minutes...I get them under control only to have millions more appear. Right now they are all over my kitchen as I am almost finished using up the peaches that I got..that sometimes means a bit overripe fruit and that is the delight of these buggers........
But...thanks to the internet and able to search ways to kill the little buggers I set up a couple of these bottles with apple cider vinegar in them...and don'tcha know...it works....
Sorry for the graphic pictures...but...well...deal with it :)
You can see the buggers on the top trying to decide if they want in or not...and then you can see their friends and family who have succumbed to the temptation and went for it....into the jar via the holes in the top...to be trapped forever.

I don't really feel sorry for them...they have been bugging me for a bit now and these jars work...I need to empty them again and refill them with the wonderful smell that they can't resist....you can see them on top and on the cup that is beside the jar

and even sitting on this candle that they can't even enjoy....but within a few more hours/days they will be gone to that great bug heaven in the sky where there is a multitude of fruit that they can feast on and leave my measly little bit of fruit for the humans that want to consume it :)

2 comments:

noel joy said...

love how the hats turned out

Jeanne said...

You made ALL those hats in just a few days??? Oh my goodness, you are SO good at knitting! LOVE how they came out!

And good for you for figuring out a way to get rid of those buggers. They are quite annoying! Hope they are all gone soon!