Thursday, September 9, 2010

Suzi Homemaker

Suzi Homemaker, Suzi Homemaker...bet I got that jingle going thru your head now..that is if you are old enough to remember it :) It is going thru mine that is for sure...today...but just for today I changed my name to Suzi :) What a productive day...I made banana/blueberry muffins...nummy

Then I made jam...I borrowed my daughters pot..altho it was way too big for the size jars I had but it worked...while I had the water all boiling hot I made raspberry jam and two batches of nectarine jam....

Am feeling kinda Pioneer Womanish...for those of you who don't know who she is her blog is a great read.
So there was a picture of the time left in bubbling the nectarine jam...made it two different ways...one where you just boil down the jam without pectin and the other with pectin...you sure get more when you use pectin...think I got a full pint extra without bubbling it down...will see how they both set up

Doesn't that just look yummy????

was sitting down to start this blog post and saw the I had cut my finger nail...I had already clipped off part that I had cut before but then i saw that I had gotten myself again...it is kinda above the 'a' in tomato...there is a cut in my nail...darn it...gonna be a bit before it grows out so that I can cut it

We interrupt this post to show a quick picture of my mom to be...she is getting close to her time...she may even be in early labor...time will tell

My stash...the one on top with too much space is the left over from the two batches of nectarine jam I made....wish I had made more raspberry as that is my favorite...seeds and all

Carnage from the day of jam making...if I had really been Pioneer Woman I would have taken pictures along the way :(

yesterday's stash...peach jam...but thot I would include a picture of those jars too....

Listening to the sounds of jars pinging as the vacuum is pulled......aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

No comments: