Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How can you mend a Broken heart

This song has been going thru my head and heart all day today....my heart is feeling the pains of being broken in two and refusing to stay mended...sometimes it is hard to press on thru the pain and keep doing what you know is right.
Pain is a funny thing when it isn't of the physical sense. It grabs you at the worst moment and wrenches a knife that is sticking in your heart-twisting and turning making the pain almost physical. You find yourself consumed in thot on the pain and wondering how you could have avoided it or seen it coming and side stepped it...or how you can shove the pain down and make it not matter. But none of my coping skills are working so I sit here with a broken heart.
My one saving factor is that I know the Mender of Hearts....altho He sometimes doesn't work as fast as I would like Him too or solve the problem in the way I think it would be best...His ways are best. So right now all I can do is cuddle with the Lord of my life and know that He shares my tears....He holds me and the situation in His Mighty Right Hand and will bring glory to Himself. So for now I live in the verse:

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor 12:9-10


How Can You Mend A Broken Heart-Bee Gees
I can think of younger days when living for my life
Was everything a man could want to do
I could never see tomorrow,
but I was never told about the sorrow

And how can you mend a broken heart?
How can you stop the rain from falling down?
How can you stop the sun from shining?
What makes the world go round?
How can you mend this broken man?
How can a loser ever win?
Please help me mend my broken heart and let me live again

I can still feel the breeze that rustles through the trees
And misty memories of days gone by
We could never see tomorrow,
No one said a word about the sorrow

And how can you mend a broken heart?
How can you stop the rain from falling down?
How can you stop the sun from shining?
What makes the world go round?
How can you mend this broken man?
How can a loser ever win?
Please help me mend my broken heart and let me live again

To the Mighty God who holds me in the palm of His hand....be glory and honor and praise forever!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Jackie I wished I lived so much closer, I want to sit and give you a big hug.
As I don't I will keep you in my thoughts and know your faith will keep Gods arms around you. xxxxx

Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry you are so sad. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug, too. My thoughts will be with you as you get through this sad time.