Saturday, August 21, 2010

going green

Like all of us I don't get enough veggies into my body in any 24/48/72/96... period of time...I would much rather grab something sweet and very refined for my taste buds to be totally in ecstasy...however that isn't good and it has taken its toll on my body in the form of lots of me :) altho I am healthy I still have too much of me to love...not that I am not totally loveable..but!
Well today I decided I was going to try a green smoothie. I had already bought the spinach to put into it and promptly put it in the crisper and forgot about it.......but today was the day to drag it out and get my Vita Mix out and make a green smoothie....well that sounds really funny cuz it really wasn't even that green when it was done....
In went a frozen banana, some blueberries, a bit of greek yogurt, spinach and a touch of coconut oil.....totally healthy :) Switch on the blender and wait a few seconds while everything stirred, mixed and pureed....then voila...poured into a glass to try.


My smoothie was totally unable to go through a straw so I ate it with a spoon instead....hum...maybe I should make some green ice cream with my blender and see...
Anyway...you can see bits of blueberry in there and a touch of greeness...but...I have gotten 2 servings of fruit and one of veggies....and it isn't even noon yet :) and that is not counting the avocado I had with my egg either...wow....look at me go :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you. I have a smoothie every day for breakfast. Mine is 1 cup of soy milk, 1 cup of almond milk,1 banana, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup of blueberries, raspberries & blackberries frozen fruit mix (they're in a bag all together). I also put in a teaspoon of flax seed mill and a tablespoon of flax seed oil. Whirl it up, then I add a squirt of honey. It's usually sweet enough, but honey has healing properties, so I use that. Try some flax seed... I'd skip the spinach smooth and throw that in a salad at lunch! ;)

Unknown said...

OH, that makes 2 servings, so give one to your hubby and you will both be healthy!!