Wednesday, February 3, 2010

First project?

A friend, who is famous for rearranging her sewing room, asked me what my first project was going to be now that my room was organized and my sewing machine back. I told her that it would probably be some doll clothes....however, it was not to be doll clothes but these really cute fabric books. I picked up the material when I went to a really cool fabric store here on the Island.........man do they have fabric...it is a warehouse where they ship fabric all over the place so it is jam packed with luscious bolts of fabric...floor to ceiling...and I am not joking!!!!!
Anyway, Mandy talked me into these books and told me she put the taggies on them. I have a niece who is pregnant so along with the other things that we are making, I made these cloth books

This one is kind of a funky ABC book....too cute!

Once you sew the layers together you sew the seam up the "binding" of the book...and viola...the best baby presents around

This is the other one...kind of a more classic look....with just parts of fairy tales where you are supposed to guess which story it comes from....a bit old for a baby but really cute pictures :)

Here is the inside of the fairy tale one and you can see the binding sewn up. I did two rows to make more of an actual binding than just one row...and it will be sturdier for a baby to carry around by the taggies.

And I did get around to making one doll dress too. I was asked by my daughter to make some clothes for a silent auction at their school....so here is the first outfit that is sewn...gonna knit something too but not sure what yet :) Altho there is a white sweater on the needles right now :)

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Wow! You've definitely been busy since you cleaned up! Love it!!! Those books are wonderful. Almost makes me wish my girls were younger...lol...almost!

The doll dress is so pretty!

You are multi-talented! Thanks for sharing!