Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In my hoop

Big HOOP, little hoop...what to do with hoops :)
Been finishing some projects here lately...wish I could do free hand quilting but it looks like it was done by a 2 year old on meds :) Well maybe not that bad but it surely needs tons more practice for it to look ok...I do have a serious case of Long Arm Envy...those people who can turn out quilts that are works of art in the finishing department...
Well I will stick to what works for me and practice the other ........when I remember :)
A friend gave me a bunch of these double pinwheel blocks cuz she said she wasn't ever going to use them and seeing as I do small quilts....well....
So they are in the hoop...and out of the hoop and waiting for binding.

Sometimes I get too creative...well not really too creative but too confident....of my skills that is

This didn't exactly work...altho in my head it should have...so the next one I did I simplified it and took out the extra "arms" of it and just did the middle part and it looks better cuz it doesn't look like I am trying to put it in there to connect.

Then there is this one....all quilted on the face and the borders....ready for binding......

Don't look at previous posts cuz to bind these four quilts I actually need to get more fabric...if you look back and see my sewing room you will be amazed that I could need any color, texture, pattern of fabric...but I seriously don't have the colors to bind these....darn :(


On a different note...I was outside with the pups and had my hand on the deck...and darn it if I didn't get stung...for no reason!!!! I wasn't moving or irritating the bee........it just decided he didn't like me and told me so...do you think I should put it in a sling...my arm that is not the bee.

No comments: