Friday, October 14, 2011

Blankies

What do you get when you have a friend who likes to sew but doesn't really like to quilt? And that said friend wanted to try a new pattern to her so she made a ton of blocks in said pattern only to realize after they had sat and aged at her house for a while that she was never going to complete the project? You get LUCKY!!!!
My friend gave me this great score of blocks and all I needed to do was finish them into blankies.
So here are a couple that I did.
This one has opposite blocks...Had put all the blocks into what kinda went together with other colors and figured I would do them with four squares...one would be with the lighter squares on the outside and the other would be with the lighter squares on the inside

these two you can see the different squares and the matching ones below

this pink one matches the one above to the right

and then I didn't have enough of the purple to do the backing and said above mentioned friend had also given me the heart fabric which I didn't have enough of to do a back...so I sewed the heart into the purple and got two backs :)

These two were blocks that didn't match any other blocks when I got done matching so I made them single block quilts...I really like the way that these turned out so going to do more of them...might even finish the rest of the blocks like this...

here is the back of the black/white/red quilts

and then these goldfish were just too cute to pass up in the fabric aisle...well actually the virtual fabric aisle of an online shop :)

and they got bubbles for their embroidery :)

Working on a couple of orange squares like the above ones.....Halloween is coming...Wonder if there will be two sets of twins to use Halloween colored quilts?

2 comments:

paulette said...

Wow!! You two are sewing/quilting dynamos...what a team!
P

Jeanne said...

Wow! That's a lot of quilted blankies. How long did it take you to get these done? They look fabulous.

I've heard of people who don't like to put the quilt together after doing the top, but am not sure why (remember, I'm not a quilter and have no real idea about how much work it is)? These look fabulous!