Friday, July 8, 2011

Seeing doubles...

I really had a cool title for this post but it just didn't work..........mostly cuz I forgot to take a picture of one of the sets of quilts....oh well.....if I had noticed that I would have posted some of these sooner...but oh well.......
Here are some more of the 'twin' quilts I got done
Dino's....got this material when I was in California and just finished these two...still have more material but will redigitize the dinos on it...they had some eye issues that I had to fix as I sewed them but if I do it again will fix it first



Pinwheels are fun to do...I like taking pics and putting them here because I can see what patterns worked...sometimes with fabric that I only have --so much of--I have to be creative to get a couple of quilts out of it...this was the last of this line that I got...and I make the twin quilts almost the same but a bit different....guess so each twin can have something different than the other one...not that they care at this age???/

the back of the pinwheels

I made ones somewhat like this for girls that I had already sent to the hospital...but the boys ones finally got done also.....

the back was a really simple design but worked well with the front of the quilt

and here is the finished one from the post yesterday about the flying geese no wasteroonie blocks. They made up really quick...I have some green flying geese almost done and it will probably be the reverse of this with the big blocks being pink and the middle blocks being green...then I still have some blue in this fabric too but am really low on the center of the star...hum...improvise?

here is the block quilted.......

1 comment:

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Absolutely beautiful Jackie...love everything,
Hope you have a great weekend,
Susan x