Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Note to self...

Rethink what you are doing ;)
Today I called my daughter and asked if she wanted me to take "The Boy" for a bit...thot I could take him to the beach for a bit and entertain him.......HA :)
It started with a time with the hose....Aaron had a blast playing with the hose and getting water everywhere. Only thing I wouldn't let him water was the house....my windows were open ;)


he proceeded to wet his feet with the hose

included this one because Izzy was following Aaron everywhere


here is a skip ahead picture...of Izzy bothering Aaron again....

he was having so much fun with the hose

getting himself all wet

and everything else in sight....figured I would take him to the beach....what was wrong with that idea???? He loves the sand and the water

so he gets there and promptly goes into the water

and wouldn't listen when I called him back...so he just kept going out further and further and further...I was just about to go and get him......however...enter his rescuers....I should say my rescuers.....this man and his son went and got Aaron....and because he didn't want to get out they drug him though the water...the man said he was afraid Aaron didn't want to stand up cuz e was cold...I told him it was more like he didn't want to get out of the water.....
So they drug the poor bog closer to the shore and then he would listen to me...well cuz the guy blocked his way from going out again

well rescued (not like he thot he needed it) and back on dry land...Aaron did what I expected of him in the first place......laid down and played in the sand

totally covered in sand...including in his mouth

up close he kept saying "cheese" to me....this is after some of the sand was wiped off ;)


Whew...what a day...and his mom lives with this every day :) Blessings to you Danica

3 comments:

Danica said...

Thank you thank you thank you for taking him today Mom. I appreciate it more than you could ever imagine!

paulette said...

Yup, you really have to walk in someone else's shoes to fully comprehend what they go through on a daily basis! My hat's off to all parents of children with autism!! AND Way to go grandma! Having said that I would not trade the children with autism who were in my class! Lovely children with unique and special personalities! But they also came equipped with EAs! Take care!
P

Anonymous said...

Bless all of you for taking such good care of this child.

Did he ever get his dog?

--Marilyn, Northern VA