Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to our country..and my son :)

Today is our country's 236th birthday ...and my youngest son's birthday too...but won't tell you how old he is. He might read this :)
He did think that the fireworks were for him when he was younger :) But has grown out of that now............
Well he asked me for a quilt one day....so tried to figure out what would work for him...he has a very formal house..........lots of very nice stuff...but not quiltish....well not what I could figure...so I settled on colors that would work with what he has......whew...it is done....will be put in the mail tomorrow but he got the picture preview and like it :) So figured I could share it now on my blog cuz he has already seen it ;)

went with a pinwheel...mostly cuz I saw one with this embroidery on it done not on the pinwheel but on the opposite fabric and on parts of the wheels....

here is the almost full picture of the quilt...also the bar that I just had hung to hang quilts...doesn't work well for ones with all the batting but it will work great for keeping the quilt tops from needing to be ironed before they are sandwiched :)

Happy Birthday Jason...I love you!

1 comment:

paulette said...

Jason will love his new quilt...very sophisticated yet cozy! There was fireworks on the 4th of July when you had him!! I bet no one forgets his birthday!!
P