Friday, December 31, 2010

Is this the end of a decade or the beginning?

I just love Ikea....I was there the other day and got some incredible bargains and these boxes....well the top boxes at least...the black ones I had already but didn't make up until recently :)
So have boxes to organize my closet! Woohoo!

here are more boxes ;)

2010 was a year of knitting....this is a work in progress right now....I made another one of worsted yarn and then this one is being done in sport weight....
2011 might be another year of quilting....I have been perusing some quilt blogs (thanks Paulette) and thinking that maybe I will do some quilting this coming year...but the ones I am looking at are mostly embroidery squares............ah...does that sound like fun?
Why is it that I fixate on something for a while then move on????

another view of the current project

I am in love with this yarn...love the way it 'blooms' when you knit it...actually this is a baby hat but it worked on this American Girl doll (but don't tell my granddaughters or they will want some for their girls)

And this one is just funny...my computer desk....little bit hairy sometimes

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

We are scheduled to have an Ikea open up near Denver sometime this year. Maybe I'll be strong enough to brave the store I keep hearing so much about!

Glad you got some knitting done and am looking forward to seeing what you do with quilting. That's something that interests me, too, but I cannot start another hobby. I think I would be kicked out, if I did. LOL

Got a giggle over your "desk!"

Happy New Year, Jackie. Thanks for all the puppy/doggy love and sharing your life!