Saturday, January 23, 2010

The purge and the small binge :)

I got this bug in my bonnet to clean up my sewing room of all the accumulated stuff that I have saved over the years....or thot I would someday use again :) After at least four years for storage for some of it (and other stuff longer) I decided to clean it up....here is the first wave of stuff to go places. Some to my daughters and some to a local quilt group who makes quilts for the Linus foundation.

The boxes on the left are empty and the stuff processed and either put in boxes on right or put with the "like" stuff in another box. The boxes on the right is stuff to take to the local thrift store for someone else to take to their house and store. Peeking behind the empty boxes is a garbage sack full of trash that no one would want and is now awaiting the lovely garbage man to come and get :)

This is the only stuff I am not sure what to do with so it is on the side....

Well today in between cleaning and cleaning :) I took a trip to a really cool warehouse of material.............ha.....this is a place on the Island that does mostly mail order but lets locals come and shop by appointment (which I always forget to make) They have this incredible scrap bin where any piece in the box costs $1.00...these pieces range from 4" to 17"....so I always go for the bigger pieces. While sitting there, they decided they had too many scraps so they were 2 for a $1.00. AMAZING!!!!!! They will make incredible doll clothes!

Here they are out of the handy dandy little bag they gave me....now to finish cleaning and get my machine back to start sewing!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

YAY! It's hard work, but so worth it in the end. Great finds, too! Can't wait to see what you create with the fabric.

Keep up the great work!