Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It is FINISHED!!!

Famous last words spoken by the God of this universe...and then again by many...including me today...The deep clean of the sewing room is finished! Now I await the arrival of my newly cleaned and oiled sewing machine to take the place of honor and get back into sewing...darn I have a ton of fat quarters and should really make some quilts again....If I could only get someone to finish them once I make the tops it would be so much more motivating!!!! However, I think the creation of the top is what most people enjoy...more so than the tedious pinning of the quilt to backing and batting and then the finish sewing of all the layers...I don't even mind the binding as it signifies the end of the creation.................Oh me Oh my...such things to whine about...in case you doubt me...here is a picture of my fat quarter stash.....
ah but that doesn't do it justice for you don't see that behind those reds, pinks, brights is a row of blues and greens and more brights :) OK...so I had to move those and show the hidden fat quarters just aging and begging for a quilt top :)

maybe 2010 is the year to make some of this into quilts for babies....I just can't see giving it away just yet..there are too many fun things to create with these babies :) Maybe now that they are all back on the shelf and not folded too neatly is the time to press and use???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your fabric stash! You could always make more clothes for your grands dolls. I would have the same problem as you with the quilts .... finishing work grrrrrr!

Love to look at the pictures of your fur babies on your blog.

Found your blog through Noel's.

--Marilyn
Northern VA