Saturday, September 13, 2008

Once Upon A Time

One of my favorite things to do is to snuggle in my bed with a good book. I read a lot! Usually Christian Romance books...ones that aren't too sappy but get a message across and make me think of my Creator in a new, different, or renewed light. My favorite author at this point is Michael Phillips whom I have read almost everything he has written and probably have all of those books on my shelves that I reread time and time again. They never seem to get too old or boring for me. Geez...lots of times I even forget a major portion of the book and find myself wondering if that could have been there the first time I read the book :)
At a friends recommendation, I got a new book to read. Totally not my normal type of book but hearing that it was very good I went ahead and purchased the book. All I can say is "WOW!!!" If you are looking for a great book to read this just be your ticket. It isn't long but it is a good read.
This book is a work of fiction (or possibly based on a true story). Without giving any of it away, it takes God out of the box that we so often want to stuff Him into and tape with the strongest duct tape that we can find. It is an excellent book on forgiveness and finding the path back to life after a major bump in the road. It is one man's journey told in a way that brings out all of the emotions. The book will make you laugh, cry, get angry but most of all it will make you think of God in a whole new way.
I have heard that the book is controversial. I didn't find that at all...but then I have spent a good many years cutting away the duct tape on my small box that I have tried to fit God into.
So if you are up for a good read then I heartily recommend this book :

The Shack by William Young

1 comment:

Carol said...

Thanks for your review of the book. I don't get to read often, so when I do I like to think I am reading something worthwhile. I will add it to my reading list.