Thursday, October 14, 2010

Country Living

Oh it is times like fall that I love living in the Northwest....the fall colors on the trees and the pumpkin patches that are scattered in large fields around the area just make you want to smile. I was in my daughter's development and got some pictures of the colors on the trees...of course I only had my phone with me but the pics didn't come out too bad in the grand scheme of things ;)

just love the deep reds and bright yellows that mix with the normal greens of these trees...the developer of this place did a good job of lining the street with colorful trees.

I have to drive by this pumpkin patch getting on and off the island and keep thinking...I am going to stop and get some pictures...well today was the day to do it :)

pole pumpkin :)

they even have a photo shoot place all set up for those families with kids who want to get a quick photo at the pumpkin patch

and then there are the "objects" that are placed in the patch....looks like a giant orange mushroom with a jack-o-lantern face....what cracked me up was the green bucket for the stem :) something you don't see from the road

acres and acres of pumpkins

little pumpkins

another "object" placed in the field....can you guess what is the base for this kitty cat? If you guessed hay bale you would be right :)

more mini pumpkins

we had a cold summer and it delayed a lot of the pumpkins from getting to be pumpkins...guess in the patch there were some hundred pound pumpkins too...the lady told me that after I had walked part of the patch...would have taken a picture but was done ;)

they just do this up right :)

ha....no fair guessing my weight...oh they might mean the pumpkin sitting below the sign...just thot it funny...what woman wants anyone to guess their weight???

and there is a corn maze...popular up here and I didn't even know it was there till I walked by it :)

and just before I got back to my car I had to take a picture of the state animal...well at least it seems that way...well guess it isn't the animal but the evidence that the animal is somewhere around there....could take dozens more of this kind of picture in my back yard. I have a mole chasing dog that has kept a lot of the moles from coming up in the yard...but he was gone for a week and man did they know he was gone and surfaced for a bit ...he is back and hopefully chasing their underground paths

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful photos and that pumpkin patch sure looks like fun. Thanks for sharing.