Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mystery revealed

Here it is...the mystery revealed...it took me so long cuz I couldn't get the neckline like I wanted....so after many attempts I finally settled on doing what the hem was. This is my first attempt at designing a pattern. I had a basic pattern I was working with but really wanted to do it different...first of all wanted to do it in the round instead of sewing up seams which I detest...so the skirt is done in the round till almost to the waist...then I wanted a ribbon to go around so made ribbon loops as I went....the divided the front and the backs and worked them separately....the thing I wanted most was these puffy sleeves like I used to make with material...and with some short rows I got what I wanted...the sleeves actually don't match as one actually has one more short row in it...and that is the second one I did :)

This is the sleeve with the extra short row in it and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the puff...I took the dress without the sleeves attached and went to the local yarn store to learn how to sew seams...for years I have just attached them and they looked like c--p....so I figured if I was gonna do this I should probably learn the technique to do it right :) How things have evolved since I learned to knit umptine years ago

I probably should have done one more button hole but...next time

Here it is modeled on the American girl doll....oh I just LOVE those sleeves...have I said that already???

and the back...have done some wonderful design things with this to make it fit really well...now to write the pattern so I don't forget or can actually make another one :)

Maybe tomorrow I will finish the other one I made before this one...the pattern calls for making lace and I finally got the thinner cotton to do it...so that will be my "tonight" project

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Yay!!!! I LOVE it! Did I read right that you are going to write up a pattern? I would LOVE a copy of it when you do that. It looks adorable on the American Girl doll!

I'm so impressed that you modified it to fit what you wanted. I'm so not a designer! I just follow the pattern. You are amazing!

noel joy said...

will you make me some of those flowers for scrapping?? :)