Monday, June 13, 2011

What did you do today???

Why do I get that proverbial "bee in my bonnet?" and have to do something about it???? Is it like Monk where you are compulsive/obsessive......not with germs that is...at least not me with germs :)
I have been thinking about organizing...yep Dey...I am following once again in your footsteps :) I hit the jackpot with my daughter the other day and got two bins and a box...not small ones mind you...but rather large ones...of what you ask????


One had large pieces ...or bolts of fabric :)

the other bin had fat quarters....now Paulette....wipe the drool off your keyboard and screen :)

the other was a box of some scraps and flannel

but the major problem is...there is no room in the inn....can't fit another scrap in the room...so something had to change...been going through Creative Keepsakes new book on people's rooms...it is scrapbooking mostly but I got it cuz I have a cyber-friend who is in the book....well magazine really................about half way through it just looking at how others organize and keep their place looking neat and tidy....HA! the difference between paper scrap and fabric is that fabric takes more room up ;) and don't even start on accessories taking more room cuz that isn't true either :)
Well I thot I needed a quick trip to Ikea tomorrow to get some boxes...we are going to be without water for most of the day while they clean our wells holding tank so thot that would be a fun day...however I found what I needed at WalMart to day so no need to trip tomorrow....
I found these bigger boxes that will hold more but actually take less space so I got three....quickly filled them and thot...oh....9 will fit on the shelf....but alas they only had 4 more...but creative genius that I am....I got one big one which was also cheaper than 2 smaller ones and put my ribbon in it...well most of the ribbon I have :)
And if you notice below...I actually now have a shelf and half for more schtuff :) Maybe some of those fat quarters will be visiting my room on a more permanent basis tomorrow.

here are the bins that I emptied to make room for the newer ones to take their place...thinking I might fill them with fat quarters that would be easy to see off the shelf???? Not sure what to do...

Maybe I will just cut and sew fabric tomorrow into more tops...have 2 to finish just the borders being quilted and one to quilt...oh yeah...and another 3 that are done waiting quilting...hum...maybe need to finish those first......
have to see what tomorrow brings while I have no water :)

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Lucky you, the recipient of all that fabric! Great job on reorganzing! As for me, I was swimming with the girls at our local pool. *Ü*

Hope your water gets turned back on quickly~