Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Seeing Double?

I have been trying to find contacts that would work for me...My distance is really still pretty good...a bit blurry out there but not bad...my computer and up close are the same but trying to find a contact that would do distance and computer isn't as easy as you would think...Have been through multiple trials and so far a monovision type works the best...but today I switched them..on purpose that is ;) to see what would happen and I can actually see better....altho for close I am still needing the cheaters to really see...wondering if it is worth going with contacts or just keep the cheaters or get glasses that do a trifocal instead of a bifocal...not progressives as they don't seem to work in the mid range for me......geez...getting old sucks!!! :)
I am a bit disappointed in these pics but not gonna take new ones...they are really washed out and I don't have a picture fixer on this computer yet...maybe I should do that instead of sewing????
Anyway....the hospital that I make quilts for has asked for "twin" quilts...so I sat down and did a couple for them
Here is a set for boys :)

and a set for girls

I don't make them exactly alike...I usually make something different with them.....these had different embroideries on them

the other one

and then these butterfly ones...again the embroidery was different but the backing is really busy so it wouldn't show the stitching...........darn :(


anyway...there are a couple more doubles but they aren't totally done so no pictures yet.

3 comments:

paulette said...

Wow!! Lucky twins!! You are doing a beautiful job considering you're not able to see all that great! Hope you get your eyes sorted out! I got progressives glasses almost 3 years and I am still having a hard time! You got that one right...sucks getting old!! 8)
P

Jeanne said...

I sure hope the seeing thing gets worked out soon. So far, I've been lucky and haven't needed bifocals (knock wood) even when my eye doctor thought for sure I would. You must be compensating well because your quilts are beautiful. How lovely that you make them and donate them!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Beautiful quilts Jackie - I know somebody is going to love them a lot. I feel your pain with the vision thing! I wear one contact for close up...I can see fine at a distance. It works but not well. I wear the one to drive and shop and even to work some. But if I'm going to sew or read for any length of time I take out the contact and use readers. I just can't see well enough with one contact to do close work. I do have bifocals but frankly I don't like them much either and can't get comfortable doing close work with them. blessings, marlene