Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mexico---last day

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! I am finally home from me week's vacation..how is it we are always so excited to go and so thrilled to come home...I am such a homebody that I wasn't looking forward to this trip...I knew it would be beautiful and that there would times of running and times of rest....but for my own reasons I went to this week in Mazatlan with a friend...Beauty abounded all around...and I became a real sucker for silver jewelry...me who wears a watch and one ring bought a ring, necklace, earrings and two bracelets...and still wanted to get more...???? Not sure where that bug bit me but it did..and hard :)
Ok..on to the last pics...the view of this place is amazing...this pic is from atop the underwater bar...the water actually goes over the bar (you can see the bar and the waterfall in another post)

this pic was in the restaurant where we ate breakfast every morning...very pretty landscaping and it was incredible the amount of work and workers you saw keeping the place up

I have posted pics in another day's post about the guy who climbed the trees and macheted the palm branches and coconuts off...these were taken from the little deck of the room as he was right there...can you imagine climbing a tree with these ropes as the only thing keeping you up on the tree???
Check out the machete in his back pants pocket? ha!

this is the stuff the guy was chopping off....and this isn't even all of it from the one tree

I think the flamingos were hiding from the guys in their area....they were way over away from the falling branches and coconuts

then after the coconuts were on the ground they would machete them and give them to the guests who were wanting tastes of coconut milk and meat

i watched the guy throw his machete toward the next tree he was going to work on...this thing is no little knife...and he hacks tree parts with it at an amazing angle...this guy has got to be really strong

lois and I :) figured we needed one picture of the two of us together

and so ends my pictures of my mexican trip....still can't believe i went but really glad to be home :)
Adios (that means goodbye in spanish :)

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

What a wonderful photo journal of your amazing little getaway! These would make some awesome digi layouts (hint, hint-hee, hee)

Welcome home and thanks for sharing a bit of your trip!