Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mexico--day 6

Sometimes it is hard to believe how fast and how slow time can move....I miss being with my family on this holiday but realize that this holiday comes around every year so will be ok...this is the first thanksgiving that I have ever been away from family...ever!!! I sit here in Mexico listening to the sounds of laughter in the pool and realize that not all people stay home for the holidays...amazing to me how many people bring their families to a spot like I am sitting at right now to celebrate........also in the background is the sounds of some smooth jazz at the restaurant where an elegant thanksgiving buffet is being offered......way too much food :)

Ok..on to the pics of the day....
Will start out with one that actually happened yesterday but didn't get the picture posted till today :)
This is Marta, Diego and Jose Ignatius...friends of the lady I came down with. Marta works at the resort as a concierge and does a great job at it...imagine handling that many people and their agendas and doing it with a smile on your face all the time....Anyway Marta invited us to her house for dinner...I expected a Mexican dish and was surprised by the amazing cooking of this busy woman. She started our dinner off with some type of squash soup...she told me the name but in my old age I can't remember what it was but the soup was AMAZING! Could it be the fact that it had a tremendous amount of butter and cream in it? Topped with garlic croutons???? NUM! Then for the main course she made Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp....again...NUM!!!! I must have put on at least 50 pounds just eating the delicious dinner. And the conversation of the evening was very nice also. I have a new friend in Matzalan, Mexico :)

The pics of the day are somewhat similar but kinda cool....They had a bad storm here and it damaged a bunch of trees so today was tree trimming day :) It was amazing to see this man scale the trees and machete chop the dead fronds ...and the coconuts too :)

yep...those coconuts are falling from the tree...hit the ground with a splat and broke apart all over the grass where the flamingos are...no flamingos were hurt in the process :)

Coming back to the room after breakfast the guy was again in the trees and you could see him really clearly from the balcony so more pics :)

some of the carnage from the machete ...you can see the scattered coconuts

then they were breaking open the coconuts and giving them to people...went down there to get a piece and they were between trees...some lady came over with her coconut to have them break it apart so you could get the meat out and gave me a piece...num

the last pic is of sunset....doesn't do it justice but you get some of the colors...again...wish I had my good camera to get a really stunning pic ...but oh well :(

Happy Thanksgiving to all

No comments: