Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Simple Woman's Day Book

I was perusing thru Ali Edwards blog and came across this blog on the Simple Woman"s Day Book...so being in kind of a thotful mood today thot I would try it....I have such a hard time sometimes putting words here...I can think words really well in my head but when it comes to putting them on paper...or in this case on my blog...I don't do as well...so today I am stepping WAY out of my comfort zone and putting this on my blog and see what comes out of my head onto this virtual paper :)
So here we go.....

FOR TODAY
September 15, 2009...
Outside my window...are doggies playing with each other...right now the "sock" is the favorite toy being pulled, snatched, guarded and dodged.
I am thinking...How lucky I am to be able to enjoy simple pleasures at home and not have to face the work world out there.
I am thankful for...Oh so much in my life....guess today's top thing would be my kids who love me, exasperate me, try me, adore me, give me great joy, talk to me, put up with me, model me, listen to me,
From the learning rooms...guess I always want to be learning something...want to do and be so much more than I am at this point in my life
From the kitchen...HA!!! Thinking that I need to make something for dinner but have left over stew that will probably be the meal of choice for tonight :)
I am wearing...my favorite kind of stretchy pants and a salmon top
I am creating...memories for myself and others around me
I am going...to try and stay home today and enjoy the fact that I can stay home
I am reading...Francine Rivers, Mark of the Lion Series ...book 2, An Echo in the Darkness
I am hoping...to get down to a thinner size.....eventually but would like it sooner than later
I am hearing...puppies whining and the faint sounds of Christian Radio in the background
Around the house...seeing things needing to be picked up and put in the right spot...but am sitting at my computer PLAYING instead
One of my favorite things...my new puppy, Cody...how fun it is to have a new pup to play with
A few plans for the rest of the week: Stan's Chief pinning, enjoying Danica's new washing machine, awaiting people coming to check out me and my dogs, staying on task with my weight loss goals, enjoy my dogs and new pup,
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I think you did a fabulous job! We are a lot alike, you and I (well, except for the puppy part) and it was confirmed to me in reading your thoughts.

Thank you for the link...I will check it out, and for stepping out of your comfort zone. With practice, it will get easier. I don't know if I've said it before, but when I write, I imagine in my head that someone is sitting right across from me and we are having a good chat. Maybe that will help you feel more comfortable about writing out what is in your head.

Hugs!

Lorna said...

I loved this. I felt as if we were sitting on the couch talking. Hugs to you and thanks for being there for me!

noel joy said...

this was really good mom.