Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Suzie (not quite) Homemaker

Got the baking bug today.....decided to try some different Chex mixes and zucchini bread without the added fat................
First the zucchini bread...............little bit on the flatter side...I also only added 1/2 the sugar figuring the applesauce that I added instead of the oil would be sweeter...
The verdict.....would add maybe 3/4 of the sugar, a bit more stuff to make it rise but add the applesauce again instead of the 1 cup of oil that the recipe calls for.
.
Basically a winner tho..........

Then the Chex mix.....top one is the sweet one made with Chex, some nuts and chocolate balls from Winco and round pretzel bites...will add the m&m's I bought too once it is cooled. Also added a couple of pineapple rings cut up to it...and have dried banana to add also
The bottom one is the original recipe with Cheezits added, the pretzel balls and peanuts. My husband should thank me when he gets these in his lunch ;)

1 comment:

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Well everything here is new to me Jackie...but I have to say everything looks delicious....I do love to try new recipes...especially at this time of year when I am spending a lot of time in the kitchen....
Hope you have a great weekend,
Susan x