Monday, July 13, 2009

What do you call...????

I am not sure what you would call this structure that Dave built this weekend....not really an arbor or pergola but it is cool whatever you call it. We needed something to block the sun setting in the afternoons on our deck...so I came up with this brilliant idea :) Yep I am the idea man... well idea woman...with no clue how to actually build things :) But bless his little pea pickin heart...my husband did the hard work of building it for me :)
The things you do for love...............

Like the look of sheer determination that that screw is going to go in just right

Here are the slats for the top...even grooved cuz I said that would look nice :)

The slats on

Viola...the finished project with shades down to see if it works....guess what??? It does :) We have a sunsetter awning that goes over the top of the deck to keep the top sun off and now shades on the side to keep the sun out as it sets

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I call it awesome! Wow...that is a terrific idea and that he builds what you think up is just fantastic! You're pretty clever!