Monday, October 13, 2008

Photo Shoot Times

I started a photography class about a month ago and in the introductions I saw that there was someone from Stanwood...I was quite amazed as Stanwood is not exactly the heart of anywhere but a small town in Western Washington. We used to call it a two blink town as if you blinked twice you would miss it...however in the last 16 years that we have been in Washington Stanwood has grown...well to get to Camano Island you have to go through Stanwood so I was quite surprised that there were people in the same on-line class that I was in that lived very close to me. We decided to get together and practice our new found skills and to help each other out :) We met at Church Creek Park and had a ball shooting different apertures, shutter speeds, manual, different ISO's and any other camera talk that I am forgetting. So here are a couple of the hundreds of pictures that I shot yesterday.


Jamie and Wendi on the tetter tatter. I am standing on a picnic table :)


Here is Wendi taking a picture of Jamie


Jamie playing with her camera settings


We were tossing rocks into the stream and seeing if would could catch the splash....here is just one of the dozens I got :)

Thanks Jamie and Wendi for a great time........

ps..there should be a picture coming of the three of us......and there is a whole story that goes with that picture

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
Ok, so your blog is not ghetto, I love it. I do want to learn how to make one, we will have to set a date.
Jamie

Jeanne said...

How fun! It's a small world isn't it? And that we can sometimes hook up with online friends is so fantastic!

Carol said...

What fun meeting online friends in real life and being able to practice together. I am waiting to see the photo of the 3 of you and hear the story behind it.

Dawn said...

you are great with that camera!!! What a fun time with new friends! I need to get out and practice my new camera skills..maybe today and i'll forget i need to clean the kitchen..LOL...dewnie

Danica said...

where are you taking a photography class at? how come i'm always out of the loop?