Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Blessed Beyond Belief

For those of you who don’t know yet, my mom, Jackie, went home to be with her Maker on September 26th after a short battle with brain cancer.  My mom was passionate about her family, her cockapoos and her Lord.  For those of you who own one of her dogs, you wouldn’t believe the amount of time, attention and love she put into her dogs.  She was proud of her puppies, and protective of where they would go.  Not everyone passed the Jackie Application Process.  :)  When she first found out about her tumor, she still had hope that she could keep “maybe one or two”, but quickly found out that wasn’t to be.  

March 19th she had most of the tumor (she had named Fred) removed, and on March 22nd, she was told that there was no cure for the type of tumor she had.  She was told that statistically she had 6-9 months left to live.  Although there were tears, my mother kept saying she knew “the end of the story”.  She knew that Earth was her temporary home.  I was looking back through her blog, and this is what she wrote after finding out her tumor was terminal.

I want you all to know there is a deep abiding peace with my Lord that is carrying me through this time...He is letting me see incredible things along the way that most people rush on by not recognizing his hand during their day
I have my speech and movement--slow tho it is right now and the cognitive skills to be able to clean up some loose ends.
I don't know how long I have but I do know who holds my future
Oh and I guess I should mention that at this time my husband is also quite ill...so a double whammy for my kids
I covet your prayers----that I continue to see God in all of this and bring Glory to His name

My mom truly was Blessed Beyond Belief, and she lived that out even in the face of death.  On behalf of her family, thank you for your thoughts and prayers over the past 6 months.  They have carried us through, and will continue to carry us through the loss of our mom. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom had a strong sense of where she was going. That must have brought her great peace. I pray that you are comforted by that through this most difficult time. My heart hurts for you that you have lost both of your parents in such a short time. I will continue to pray for your family.

I never had the opportunity to get a puppy from your mom. That is how I came across her blog though. Your mom wound up adopting Zoey, a chocolate cockapoo. I have Charlie. He is one of the puppies from Zoey's first litter when she was still with her previous owner, Karla. I offered to adopt Zoey, if needed. I am sure your mom got her a great home when she was faced with that decision.

So, I came to the blog to read about dogs, but I stayed because I enjoyed reading about the many things your mom so freely shared with us. She will be missed. Thank you for taking the time to update her blog.

Love and (((HUGS))) to you and your family.

Jeanne said...

I, too, am so saddened to hear about your loss. Thank you so much for taking the time to update your mom's blog. I've been thinking about her this past week or so and hoping she was doing well. I guess she has been, hard though it is for us to lose her physical presence.

I didn't know your mom through cockapoos. I "met" her via Jessica Sprague's website awhile back when we were both taking classes from her and I checked out her blog from there. I have certainly enjoyed getting to know her and have loved her puppy posts!

She brought a passion to her projects and it was wonderful to follow her along her journey.

May you find comfort in the loving memories you have of both your parents. Big hugs to you and your family during this very difficult time.

paulette said...

I am so sorry to hear of Jackie's passing! I got to know your Mom when we acquired our little cockapoo, Rylie. I would tune into her blog for any little snippets, pictures and videos of the wee pup that we were waiting for...she hooked me into her life! Meeting Jackie and picking up little Rylie was wonderful...like meeting an old friend! Shortly after this, I started up my own (quilting) blog and Jackie would often visit. Quilting and the love of the puppies kept us in touch and connected. I am going to miss Jackie and our little 'visits'! Please accept my sincere and deepest sympathies. Jackie was such a wonderful person and a good friend! Big hug!
Paulette

quiltercaroline said...

I am so sorry and very saddened to here of your mums passing. I loved seeing all the dogs and hearing her news on the blog. I also found her example through her illness as truely inspirational and thank her and now you for sharing it with us in the wider world. I pray you all find peace in the situation. God bless. C x

Cheri said...

I was one of the lucky ones who received one of your mother's puppies and in the process discovered Jackie's blog. Through the lens of her camera she shared such fun snippets of her life. I marveled at her talents, organization, projects, and mini adventures. But, most of all, I admired what she valued...it was family and the relationship she had with the Lord.

I always felt better after reading one of Jackie's posts...a woman who did ordinary things in extraordinary ways and with a good dose of humor. What a gift!

My sincere sympathy to the family she loved and who brought her great joy. I am so sorry for your loss. Blessings.

Ruth said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Jackie's death and of your family's loss.
We were one of the lucky ones too. We met Jakcie when we adopted one of her puppies seven years ago who has been the joy of our family.
I hope she knew how much her dogs meant to so many of us -- how their unconditional love has made so many lives richer.

Ruth

Pam said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, again. My thoughts and good will are being sent your way. May you be held dear and treasured during this time. Blessed be, much love.

melindadodge@gmail.com said...

Came back here today to hear your mom's voice which teared me up until I thought of her heavenly voice and I started laughing. Jackie will always bring a smile to my face and heart until I see her again.